Fifteen things I learned by the age of fifteen:
1. Your childhood escapes you quicker than you can ever imagine. Cherish it to death while you still have it, even if it is only the part of you that still loves to watch Disney movies on a Sunday.
2. Always carry a book and £5; a book so you can get lost in a world where you don’t feel so umcomfortable, and £5 because you never know when you might get hungry or find a bargain.
3. When we lose someone we hold dear, grieve for however long you need, but not more time than required, then pick yourself up and keep going.
4. Everything is only ever temporary.
5. He wasn’t the one, he never was. You were young and his fingers felt like silk and his eyes held the universe. But he wasn’t for you. Move on and don’t look back.
6. Don’t allow yourself to become toxic, don’t stick around people if they cause you to become poisonous and nasty. That’s not who you are or want to be.
7. People are cruel, and you’ll find this out the hard way, that’s the only way too find out, but don’t let it affect you, you’ll be out of the situation in time and you’ll be happier for it. But always remember people can be nice and extraordinary and wonderful.
8. Always be nice to your mother and father, they are only human after all, like you, and they get hurt too. You wouldn’t be where you are today if it wasn’t for them.
9. Trying to cut, scream, throw up this storm inside of you will not work, trust me. You need to open your mind, open your heart and your hands. Open up your soul.
10. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel good.
11. No matter what you’re going through, find the energy to get up in the morning every day, have a shower to refresh you, and have breakfast. Start the day off right. Never believe there is no point in getting up in the morning.
12. You will never know everything. You will never know the answers to those frustrating questions you have about the universe. You will never know your lovers completely. You will never know your true purpose. But that’s okay. It’s all okay.
13. Help people as much as you can, give advice, give tips, give hope. You never know how much you could be helping someone’s life and mindset if you show them kindness. And it seems that people never have time anymore for people who are just sad, don’t be that person.
14. Take time to think and appreciate. Appreciate all your favourite things and think about them often. They’ll make you happy when you need it.
15. Love yourself. Eat, sleep, breathe, be kind to your skin and your mind, you are wonderful and you will survive.